I LOVE this spaghetti sauce. As far as I'm concerned, its the only spaghetti sauce.
You'll see more from this blog as I continue to post non original recipes because the blogger is a good friend of mine. In fact, I only feel so comfortable experimenting with recipes because ofmy familiarity with her comfort level and talents in the kitchen. Many of her recipes are the ones I learned to be more creative with as a budding "adult who cooks real meals."
Here's the recipe: Mom's Spaghetti Sauce
Things I've altered:
- My Whole Foods in Honolulu doesn't have sweet Italian sausage, so I prefer to use their existent mild Italian sausage.
- I like strong flavors, so I often add more basil (like 1/4 c) and oregano (less than 1/4 c) than the original recipe calls for.
- I didn't feel like disturbing my Cuisinart processor this last time. It was so peaceful sleeping on it's shelf. Actually I just didn't want to clean it, so I used my immersion handheld blender once all the ingredients were ready to simmer. It did the job beautifully - but I was careful not to over blend.
- I prefer to eat my sauce on spaghetti squash, as pictured above.
- You can sneak in a few extra veggies here, like zucchini squash, eggplant, or kale chopped really small. :)
- Sometimes I add a little cayenne pepper.
- Sometimes I put a little sauce on my eggs for breakfast.
Alright folks! Let me know if you try this recipe! Have fun, and eat up!
Thanks for reading, make tasty choices!