"You are not a crumb in a cookie.
You are the entire cookie, in a crumb."
Sometimes you just need to eat a whole batch of cookies. Tell me I'm wrong, and I'll tell you... Nah, you're smarter than that.
Make the magic happen by gathering these ingredients:
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon flax-meal (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt (plus maybe another pinch)
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Cup organic maple syrup (bring to room temperature, & maybe add a tiny bit more for good measure)
- 2 Tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil (warmed to liquid form)
- 1 Large egg
- A little less than 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and lovingly massage about 1 teaspoon of coconut oil all over your cookie sheet.
- Combine the dry stuff.
- Combine the wet stuff. It's important that the wet ingredients are all close to room temperature, as low temperatures will harden the coconut oil and delay your project.
- Combine the dry and the wet stuff until you feel you've really done the trick.
- Add the chocolate chips... Eat a few of them now, it's part of the recipe so you have to.
Things are about to get exciting!!
- Scoop up generous Tablespoonfuls of dough until you run out. Should be around 12 drops to the tray.
- With care, shape each drop into a ball, then flatten it with your palms into a pretty cookie shape. You have to make the shape as they will not flatten in the oven. You may need to flatten a little more once you place the cookie on the sheet.
- Introduce the tray to the middle rack of your oven, and shut the door quickly. Set a timer for 11 minutes, and go find something else to do. Reading my mindfulness blog is a Stupendous idea! ;) If you like cookies more done, you'll need another minute or three. Keep a watchful eye those last few though.
- When the timer chirps, you'll find gorgeous treats that are healthier than most people's gummy multivitamin. (practicing non-judgement).
- Promptly relocate the cookies to a safe place to cool and set.
The last step is the most important.
Eat one, two, or all of them with full awareness of how wonderful they are. Live in the moment. Taste what you've been wanting to taste. Eat with love for your food, love for where it came from, and love for the person it's now nourishing. Be in the moment. You are worthy of this delicious, nourishing treat.
Thanks for baking! Make tasty choices! :)