Some days are better than others.
Take last night for example:
Last night was better than last Thursday because last Thursday I walked all over a busy mall with my shirt on inside out, while last night, I successfully grilled uber delicious bacon mushroom burgers (inspired by Nom Nom Paleo's book), and "pizza carrots."
Here's how I prepped the food you see in the photograph:
- I chopped and sautéed one portabello mushroom in just enough olive oil, with a bit of sea salt. The goal is to dehydrate them to add to the mix below.
- I skinned four cloves of garlic
- I also skinned half a sweet onion.
- I pulsed the garlic and onion in the Cuisinart
- I dared to add four slices of Organic bacon to the pulse mix.
- I added about a teaspoon and a half of no nonsense ketchup, like this one.
- I did the same with worcestershire sauce.
- Salt and pepper to your own liking.
- I sprinkled in maybe a teaspoon of oregano.
- Then I pulsed in one pound of organic (preferably grass fed) ground beef, and the sautéed mushrooms.
In the past I've also added an organic egg (free range is best), and some almond flour to thicken the patties. I didn't last night though, because I didn't feel like it.
I simply unplugged the Cuisinart, scooped up some meat mix, and started patting my patties into imperfect circles.
Later I put them on the grill with sea salted and olive oiled Portobello mushrooms (for the burger bun bottom), and herbed up carrots (recipe later).
please include all favorite burger topping like sliced onion, tomatoes, mustard, lettuce, pickles, etc… This your life. Do what you want.
Also pictured is a honey mustard kale salad with walnuts (recipe someday).
Altogether, this was a great experience for everyone except for the very tired children involved. I think we can all agree, it is very difficult indeed, to be a child in Hawaii. ;)
This recipe is safe to try at home. Let me know how your experience goes!
Thanks for reading, make good choices. ;)